Grad Night all night Party: The Once-in-a-Lifetime Event all Graduates Look Back On

Yunmi Park, Editor

After four years of hard work you finally graduate, and now it’s time to celebrate. Boarding a private chartered coach bus filled with new graduates brimming with anticipation, excitement in the air, nobody knows exactly where we’re headed. Walking into a seemingly normal building, you are suddenly greeted with a barrage of sights and sounds, music and lights, the energy is captivating, welcoming and enticing. Velcro wall inflatables, dance floors complete with DJs and even hypnotists getting ready for the show.  You have no idea what’s going on, but you know that it’s going to be an awesome night. 

Grad nights all night party is an experience many seniors remember more than graduation itself, and the reason for that is no surprise. Unfortunately, both classes of 2020 and 2021 were not able to have the event. However, it is back this year bigger and better than ever. Based on past senior testimonies, the experience at Grad nights all night party is something that cannot be recreated at any home party. 

Grad nights all night party is an annual event where seniors gather to celebrate completing their 12+ years of school. This is an all night party on the day of graduation, from 9 PM until approximately 6 AM the following morning. 

For many, the all night party is the last time seniors will spend time with their class before transitioning to the next part of their life. Jon deVita, a former graduate from Skyline, shares his fond memories of Grad nights all night party.

“I graduated almost ten years ago and I don’t remember a whole lot during the day of graduation, but I do remember the night at Grad night,” he said. “It was a blast, you get to see all your friends for a last ‘hurrah’ after graduation.”

Seniors are intentionally given very few details about the all night party to keep the event a surprise. However, being unsure of what the event consists of does not mean one should disregard this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. 

“Definitely go, I think the surprise makes it even more fun and not knowing exactly what to expect helps to make it even more memorable” said deVita.

Skyline has worked with the company Grad Nights for over two decades, and the safety of the event is what allows the tradition to continue year after year. 

To ensure a fun, safe time for everybody, backpacks aren’t allowed.  Students are checked in before boarding private coach buses, and the event is supervised throughout the night. Students who break the rules unfortunately have to be sent home immediately and miss the fun event. 

“It hasn’t really been a problem for us in the past,” Tami deVita, this year’s event coordinator said. “It’s just not worth it. Come clean, come sober, and you’re going to have the time of your life.”

To reserve your space for a night to remember, seniors can purchase tickets on campus during lunches each week and also online. Tickets cost $220 and students also have the option to fundraise through boon supply to help pay for their tickets. 

“For what you’re getting, the food, prizes, private coach buses, all the entertainment, it’s definitely worth the price” deVita said.

For more information and to pay online, check out the Skyline Class of 2022 website. Dates for in-school ticket booths are found on the weekly Enews. In-school tickets can be paid by cash or check.